YOUR ROLE IN ORGANISING A RACING TO SCHOOL DAY
To help Racing to School run a successful programme, you will need to:
- Liaise with Racing to School before the event to confirm the date, venue and activity risk assessments we provide, as well as any particular requirements you have
- Return the completed confirmation sheet and contact sheets – with names of and contact details for staff. The Education Officers also need to know the group number, the age range of pupils/students and any additional information, such as particular needs or health and safety issues
- Make sure pupils/students arrive at the venue at the agreed time, are appropriately dressed and have brought a packed lunch
ensure that pupils/students have been briefed on the expected standards of behaviour
- Check that accompanying staff meet the appropriate national standards in respect of technical competence and ratio to pupils
- Manage the pupils/students on the site and during the event so they remain in their allocated groups and on task during each activity
Provide feedback on the evaluation sheets provided for staff and pupils.
Please also see Health & Safety.